Carol’s Daughter is generating an impressive 8% revenue uplift by using ShopSocially social commerce platform. By embedding social media modules on their e-commerce site, Carol’s Daughter is achieving social commerce success as indicated by business metrics below:
- 8% increase in revenue
- 33% sales conversion rate for visitors interacting with social modules
- ROI of 670%
- 2.58X higher conversion rate for social referral traffic
- 15% increase in Facebook fan count
- Identifying loyal and socially influential customers
ShopSocially conducted a Webinar to reveal the innovative social media strategies that Carol’s Daughter is adopting to achieve above numbers. Jessica Klein, Director of E-Commerce at Carol’s Daughter, presented the Webinar along with Jai Rawat, CEO of ShopSocially. This blog post has the recording and presentation used in the Webinar and highlights of the social media strategies used by Carol’s Daughter.
Recording of the Webinar:
Presentation of the Webinar:
Social Media Strategies Adopted by Carol’s Daughter:
Off-Site Strategy: Primary objectives for off-site social media engagement are:
- Customer Service
- Branding and PR
- TV (Home Shopping Network) and Events
On Facebook, Carol’s Daughter has 930,000+ fans who are very engaged. However turning them into quality traffic to website which converts into purchase is a challenge. Carol’s Daughter have also tried re-targeting and look-a-like profiling for Facebook advertisement.
On Instagram, Carol’s Daughter has grown rapidly to around 24,000 followers in less than 6 months. Cross channel promotion in which Instagram exclusive coupons are promoted via Facebook and $100 gift card sweepstakes promoted via email are showing good results.
On-Site Strategy: Primary objectives for on-site social media engagement are:
- Conversion Rate/ Revenue uplift
- Word-of-Mouth Amplification
- Rich Social Profile Acquisition
- Deep Social Insights (social influencers, trending products, etc.)
Using ShopSocially apps, Carol’s Daughter is integrating social media engagement methods in the e-commerce flow to drive conversions, revenue uplift and boost word-of-mouth endorsements by their customers. Specific ShopSocially apps used by Carol’s Daughter are:
- Get-a-Fan: To acquire quality Facebook fans and email subscribers, increase sales and improve SEO rank
- Social Connect: To acquire email + rich social profiles, enhance customer acquisition rate, increase sales and improve SEO rank
- Share-a-Purchase: To convert shoppers into brand ambassadors, promote social sharing of purchases, create SEO friendly back-links, identify loyal customers and influencers
- Product Stories: To add social proof, boost social discovery of products, increase sales conversion rate
Using this strategic approach, Carol’s Daughter is achieving a ROI of 670% and increase in revenue of 8%.
Excerpts from the Question and Answer section of the Webinar:
Question: For Social Connect, does asking access to rich profile data like birthday, friend’s data, etc. result in higher abandonment rate for the app?
Answer: We have found that asking for rich social profile data does not have a major impact on the abandonment rate. The abandonment rate for Social Connect app (relatively high-effort, multiple click activity of allowing access to profile data and sharing on Facebook) is higher than Get-a-Fan (low-effort, single-click activity of becoming Facebook fan) because of extra steps that user has to perform to engage, and not because of additional information asked for.
Question: How does these tools increase SEO Rank?
Answer: Social commerce modules makes an e-commerce site more shareable. Through social sharing of products and purchases, valuable back-links are created which enhances SEO Rank. Recently, Google officially stated on their blog post that webmasters can improve the rank of their sites by creating high-quality sites that users will want to use and “share” (source: http://goo.gl/VxcHFR).
Question: Besides these apps, what are the other social commerce offerings from ShopSocially?
Answer: ShopSocially has recently launched Share-on-Mobile to drive off-site social commerce for retailer in the upcoming Holiday season. This app captures the point of delight when a shopper receives a purchased product. Using their mobile phone, shoppers can share a photo and a comment about that product on social networks, driving word-of-mouth advertising for the brand. This app can also be implemented to run a popularity contest via mobile using social voting.